A Positive Voice Working for the Community in:
Welcome to Niall McNelis Website
I engage in an extensive range of activities to insure that those living in Knocknacarra, Salthill, Taylor’s Hill and Rahoon have their voices heard and that their interests/concerns are communicated effectively to local and national government.
I actively contribute to key policy and stakeholder bodies in Galway and the region, by participating on numerous committees, steering groups & boards.
- Niall Mc Nelis is a Member of the Labour Party
- Labour Party Spokesperson on Tourism
- Elected to Galway City Council in 2009 & 2013
- Mayor of Galway City 2018/19
- Deputy Mayor 2016/17
- Peace Commissioner
- Member of Economic and Cultural, Housing and Planning SPCs
- Deputy Chairperson Galway City Joint Policing Committee – JPC
- Member of the West Regional Health Forum
- Member of North Western Regional Authority – NWRA
- Member of European Union Committee of Regions – COR
- Member of Galway Roscommon Educational Training Board – GRETB
- Chairperson of Galway Technical Institute – GTI
- Governing Body Member of Galway Mayo Institute of Technology – GMIT
- Chairperson Galway City Tidy Towns
- Board Member of Let’s Get Galway Talking.
- Member of ONE Organisation of Ex-Service Personnel
- Member of Galway Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Latin Quarter.
- Proud Supporter of PIETA House, Galway Volunteer Centre, Knocknacarra Community Games, Galway Scouts.