A Positive Voice Working for the Community.
Traffic and Transportation: Let’s get Galway moving
As a member of Galway City Council
- I support the N6 Galway City Ring Road.
- I will continue to work on public transport corridors, park and ride facilities for the east and west of city, cycle ways and the extension of the Bike Share scheme in Salthill and improved pedestrian routes.
- I support the urgency of the issues at Parkmore and the need to have the completion of the short term measures to reduce traffic congestion.
- I fully support the expansion of Galway Port to facilitate larger vessels and free up inner harbour lands for development.
- I secured facilities for visitor coach parking in city centre. This needs to be developed with further facilities and the same made available in Salthill.
- The approved new bus shelters in Knocknacarra to be carried out at soonest and more bus routes from/to Knocknacarra and Salthill.
- Speed limits on Cappagh, Ballymoneen and Clybaun Roads to be reduced to 50km.